School Direct: Primary Programme
Elaine is amazing, so supportive!
– Shauna Charnley (2020 / 2021 Trainee)
Our primary programme is designed to ensure that you accumulate the skills, knowledge, insight and experience you need for a successful career in primary education.
How will I train?
Your bespoke programme will be varied, challenging and motivating and will incorporate:
- observation of skilled teachers at work in the classroom, followed by reflection and discussion
- placements in two contrasting examples of our high quality partner schools, with support from a skilled and dedicated mentor.
- weekly learning, training, study and assignments covering all aspects of education and pedagogy (eg the National Curriculum, how to prepare, plan and structure lessons; questioning techniques; special needs and behaviour management) and everything a successful teacher needs to know, be and do
- workshops, tutorials, lectures, guest speakers and small group work
- experience in early years and secondary phases to build your insight into key issues such as transition.
We utilise the outstanding maths provision form our MAT External initiative and Primary International award winning, White Rose Maths!
We have reached out to some of our previous trainees to ask them some questions about their Primary Teacher Training course! After just one year of training with us, Claudia is now a Primary Teacher working in London. She was the first Primary trainee to secure employment, so it’s lovely to speak to her again! Read it here.